This anthology is meant to raise the voices of BIPOC authors in the queer community and let readers know that it’s ok to be yourself unapologetically.
Half of all royalties made will be donated to Lambda Literary, an LGBTQIA+ nonprofit whose mission is to “nurture and advocate for LGBTQ writers, elevating the impact of their words to create community, preserve our legacies, and affirm the value of our stories and our lives.”
The theme of this anthology is about being yourself and embracing your BIPOC & queer identity… unapologetically!
This can include stories of figuring out your queer identity, the intersectionality between being queer and BIPOC, embracing and accepting yourself, coming out stories, stories about being a part of the BIPOC queer community, first love or falling in love, standing up to your bullies (including family members), advocating for yourself or your rights, teaching others/next generation how to accept & love themselves fully, living your best life out & proud.
Because this anthology is about embracing and loving who you are and being yourself unapologetically, we asked that authors who submit stories are open about being part of the LGBTQIA+ community. We understand not everyone may be ready to be highlighted in this way, if you’re a queer author who doesn’t feel comfortable being out yet, please consider applying to our other anthologies we will be putting together in the future.
All stories submitted will be reviewed by a small committee of 4-5 writers.
Most genres and sub-genres are welcome! Please keep in mind, due to the tone of this anthology, we’re looking for stories that are uplifting, positive, and on the lighter side. Therefore, genres and sub-genres such as horror, dark fantasy, or apocalyptic will not be included in this one. We will not be accepting erotica either. Please include the genre and/or sub-genre of your story when submitting the form.
Submission Rules & Guidelines
- Original, unpublished short stories only. Please don’t submit any reprints or stories that have been previously published anywhere online, including but not limited to blogs, wattpad, or other reader platforms. We’re asking for first, exclusive rights to both the print and digital publishing of the story for a period of 1 year from the date of publication. During this time we ask that the author not republish or sell any secondary rights to another publisher. All other rights are retained by author.
- No multiple submissions. Submit your best story for this collection!
- No simultaneous submissions. If you have submitted this story to another anthology/publishing company, please make sure that the story is no longer in consideration BEFORE submitting for this collection.
- Please submit your story as a .doc or .docx format
- Times New Roman, 12pt font, 1.5 spacing
- 5k-7k words
- File name should include title of story & author’s name
- Compensation: Free Print Copy of Book, additional copies can be purchased at a reduced price plus shipping
- and handling
- Must be 18 years or older or have parental permission to apply
- Must identify as a BIPOC queer writer to apply (biracial applicants included)
Deadline: April 24, 2023!
I'm addicted to books, Chipotle, milkshakes, and Marvel movies. #TeamCap
Let's stay in touch!
I'm always eager to chat with other readers & writers, so let's keep in touch. Send me a message at the email below or follow me on social media.